1. VFD Instructions
a. The VFD requires veterinary scripts for the following: Chlortetracycline (CTC), Aureomycin, Oxytetracycline, AS-700 and Tylosin (Tylan)
b. You do not need a VFD script for coccidiostats or ionophores: Deccox, Bovatec, Rumensin or Amprolium/Corid. You also do not need a script for beta-agonists such as Actogain or Optaflexx.
c. More information on VFD requirements can be located at: LINK
2. Recommendations for Breeding Success
3. Follow University of Wyoming's Cheat Grass Challenge!
a. Wyoming Restoration Challenge on Facebook: LINK
4. Comparing Energy Value of Whole, Ground, Dry-Rolled, Flaked, and High Moisture Corn.
a. Technical review (Lardy, 2013): LINK
b. Feeding trial (Corona et al., 2005): LINK
5. Mineral Antagonisms in the Rocky Mountain Region.
a. Technical review (Spears, 2013): LINK
b. Technical flyer (Swyers, 2014): LINK
6. Manure Evaluation - What is your Cow's Manure Telling You?
a. Technical flyer (Swyers, 2014): LINK
7. Peer-Reviewed Research Articles Authored or Co-Authored:
a. Suagee et al. (2015) Journal of Eq. Veterinary Science: LINK
b. Swyers et al. (2014) Journal of Animal Science: LINK
c. Swyers et al. (2011) Journal of Food Protection: LINK
d. Suagee et al. (2011) J Anim Physiol Anim Nutr: LINK
e. Swyers et al. (2008) Journal of Animal Science: LINK
Check here to see what the "buzz" is about in the industry. For today's markets, see the links in the far right column of this page. Below are links to published research and technical articles. Clients of Grassland receive additional industry news, insights, and commentary not otherwise published on this website.
Copyright 2013. Grassland Nutrition Consulting. All rights reserved.